Temiskaming Smallmouth Bass Rules
1. Each boat must consist of a maximum of 2 anglers. At least 1 member of the team must
be at least 16 years of age. Note: Under 16 years of age must fish with a partner 16 years or older and must have signed parental consent.
2. All teams must pre-register before launching. After you launch your boat please proceed to boat check area.
3. Boat checks/Registration will begin at 5:30 a.m. Blast off will be at 7:00 a.m or safe light. All boats
must check-in at Check-In Boat by 3:00 p.m.
4. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification without refund.
5. Minimum boat length is 14 feet with a working live well, and kill switch is mandatory.
6. Artificial lures only. No live or prepared bait is allowed.
7. Pre-fishing is allowed until 5 p.m. the day prior to the event.
8. All Federal and Provincial boating regulations must be adhered to.
9. Only Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass may be kept and all other fish must be released immediately.
10. 5 Bass per team with a minimum of 12 inches in length. Bass under size will not be weighed and will result in a 1-lb. penalty applied against the total weight of the team.
11. It is at the discretion of the Tournament Director to postpone this event due to the adverse weather. In the event of cancellation entry fees will be Refunded in full.
12. In the event of a tie, for any position the cash prizes for that position and the next position will be determined by the largest fish from each team.
13. No locking permitted.
14. No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs may be consumed or in possession of any competitor or boat during the Tournament hours. 5:30 a.m. to 5:30p.m.
15. No fishing allowed within 100 feet of another boat.
16. Decisions of the Tournament Officials are final. Protest will be allowed up to 15 minutes after the last team is weighed in. A $50.00 deposit must be paid and will be refunded if protest stands.
17. Competitors may obtain fuel and/or repairs from marinas.
18. Any team disqualified for any reason will not receive a refund of entry fees.
19. All taxes on any prize awards are the responsibility of the recipient.
20. If in the opinion of Tournament Officials any fish that is judged not likely to survive will be deemed a dead fish and a .50 lb. penalty will be applied. A dead fish is not eligible for big fish prize.
21. Personal flotation devices must be worn at all times the combustion engine is running and kill switch must be attached to boater.
22. It is the responsibility of the participants to bring fish up to the weigh-in from the boat. A mesh bag will be supplied. This mesh bag will be used in conjunction with a weigh-in bag supplied by each boat. This mesh bag is vital in the weigh-in-process. These mesh bags must be turned in after you have weighed your catch.
DO NOT DUMP THE WATER FROM YOUR WEIGH BAG. YOUR WEIGH BAG WILL BE USED TO TRANSPORT YOUR FISH BACK TO THE WATER
All boats must check-in with the Check-In-boat by 3:00 p.m. A 5 lb. Penalty will be applied against any team that does not check-in with Check-In Boat. A late penalty of .5lbs. per minute will be applied to any team checking-in after 3:00 p.m. If an emergency situation arises please notify Officials by phone.
If you have any questions on the rules be sure to clarify with the Organizers prior to Blast Off.
THIS IS A LIVE RELEASE TOURNAMENT.
Thank you and enjoy your day.
Covid Take off and Weigh in rules
1. When launching be patient only one boat in the launch at one time.
2. All boats must maintain a 40' buffer zone.
3. All boats will line up single file for take off; we will continue with the staggered take off. Boats maintaining the 40' buffer zone will be able to power up after they have cleared the take off official. those not maintaining the 40' buffer will be flagged to the back of the line.
4. With the slower start time tournaments will run 8 1/2 hours.
Weigh in Procedures
1. All boats upon arriving will maintain the 40' buffer zone.
2. There will only be one boat allowed at the weigh in area at a time. All other boats will remain in their boats floating. No one is allowed to tie up to any docks.
3. Last boat out will be first boat to weigh in.
4. Only one person from each team will be allowed to bring their catch to the scales.
5. After each teams fish weight has been established, that person will be responsible for releasing the catch.
6. After weigh in that team will be allowed to load their boat. No loading your boat before you weigh in.
7. After your boat is loaded you may attend the remaining weigh in but you must maintain a 20' buffer zone from any other contestant and an 80' buffer zone from the scales.
8. Upon completion of the weigh in top teams will be announced.
9. There will NOT be any trophies or monies handled out at the weigh in. Monies will be disbursed by e-transfer. Trophies will be available at a later date.
These are very tough times and one day we will get back to normal. Please follow these rules and please respect everyone's space. This circuit will continue through this pandemic if we follow and maintain our physical distance. Every tournament will be ran in this manner and every tournament will be extended to 8 1/2 hours.
There will not be any morning of entries no monies will change hands personally. You must pay by e-transfer, please enter early.